At Barratt Sales and Lettings Limited we aim to provide a wide selection of properties available across Berkshire, Surrey and London and look after single let’s and HMO’s.
The notes below are provided as a guideline for single let tenants who wish to rent a property through Barratt Sales and lettings Ltd. Please use our contact form to the right regarding any specific queries you may have.
Tenant application process & fees
Prior to the viewing taking place staff we will run through your circumstances with you in detail in order to qualify your eligibility to apply for the property you are interested in. It is important that we gather as much information as possible to ensure the property is the right match for you and the landlord. At this stage It is important that you assist us by being as detailed and honest as possible as this will help to assist with your application.
The viewing can then be booked in and carried out to a time to suit your requirements.
If you decide to make an application for the property, then please contact office on 01753 780320 and register your interest at which stage we will invite you to register for our automated platform and you will complete your online application form and make your offer. Once your offer has been entered onto the system, you will receive a copy of the draft AST and government how-to rent guide via email. You will then be asked to pay for your holding deposit (commitment to rent), you then tick the boxes underneath the card payment details to confirm you have received the how to rent guide, read the draft AST and are happy with the terms and conditions. After this we will proceed with referencing.
A holding deposit of 1 weeks rent will be payable upon application. The holding deposit will secure the property for you whilst referencing is being completed for up to 15 days (terms and conditions apply). No further applications will be processed whilst we have a holding deposit in place. You will also need to pay a security deposit for the property which can be up to the value of 5 weeks rent. Zero deposit schemes are available upon request and on some of our properties, please enquire. All security deposits are registered with the Deposit Protection service custodial scheme.
We use a referencing agency to perform your checks and they will assess the following criteria;
• Credit check
• Affordability check
• Employment reference
• Previous landlord reference
• Housing history check
• Right to rent check
• Some applications may be subject to a police check
Please note that your holding deposit may be retained if any of the following conditions apply;
• You supply false or misleading information
• You fail right to rent checks
• You withdraw your application
• You fail to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement
In any of the above events resulting in your holding deposit being retained, you will be made aware as soon as is reasonably possible as well as being provided with a full written explanation and your holding deposit will be returned to you within 7 days of a decision being made.
In some cases we will require a UK based guarantor who will also be referenced to the criteria listed above, once your application(s) are returned as a pass, then we will proceed to fix a move in date with you. Once you have a move in date fixed, all documents are signed and monies paid, we will arrange for the check in company to meet you at the property with the keys.
Start of tenancy information and receipt of documents
- Copy of blank tenancy (supplied at point of application)
- How to rent guide (supplied at point of application)
- Move in inventory
- Disclaimer for inventory
- Lead tenant declaration for DPS
- Copy of EPC (supplied at point of application)
- Copy of CP12 (if gas)
- Electrical Certificate (supplied at point of application)
- Deposit prescribed information(supplied at point of application)
- Landlord Contact information (if let only)
- Guarantor Agreement
- Portfolio manager contact details
- Current utility supplier’s information
- Smoke alarms and carbon alarms have been tested on the date of signing this tenancy and you are aware to inform us/Landlord if this changes during your tenancy
- Client money protection by Property Mark, see lettings info for full client money protection certificates.
- Redress scheme: The Property Redress Scheme